Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Respect {among other things}

I volunteered at an old folks home today with Kelton. Its such an interesting experience going there. All 6 of the people that live there are either too old to really even communicate or have very stages of amnesia. This would all be well and good but that is my greatest fear (I think. I don't think I have lived long enough and experienced enough to say 'biggest'). I am terrified of growing old and loosing all that I am. To linger on when I no longer even remember the ones I love. To become a shell and a body, incapable of doing even the simplest tasks without assistance. So I would like to say that I enjoy reading to these people once a week, but really, it kind of terrifies me. I continue because it makes me feel good and I want to conquer my fear.

  Respect: its not something I have had a lot of.
For anyone or anything
most people go through this phase when they are like 13 right?
nope not me.
Ever realize that you don't like who you are?
Your habits? Manner of speaking and attitude?
Because I have. Its kinda painful but its good because its growth.
Right? 
Respect is good. I feel better when I have the proper amount for things and people around me. Its foolish, childish and self-centered to be disrespectful. The world does not revolve around you- nothing is personal.  

No comments:

Post a Comment