Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Did I Look like I was on Drugs? Probably

Today was Tuesday therefore Zumba in club fitness. I love Zumba. Here is my status in that class:  my friend and I are the little white, gangley little teenagers that started 3 weeks ago. The rest of the class are woman who have done this for 3 years, are middle-aged and are Latino, therefore they can more their bodies in ways I cannot even begin to try to do. But I do so I just look like an idiot. I love it :) They also have really fun dancing songs like Waka Waka (This time For Africa) by Shakira my new favorite song

Our ward has an adult fireside coming up and our ward has been focusing a lot on missionary work latly, so the bishop desided to give every house in our ward boundries a flyer about it. So our family got assigned to hand out the flyers a cirtin number of houses in our neighbourhood. Tonight I grabbed some tape, the flyers and waltzed out the door....literally. As I got going I got more and more comfortable sticking them on peoples doors I turned up my iPod and danced down the street, rocking our to my waka waka. Did I look like I was on Drugs? Probably. didI make a bunch of people stop and laugh at this crazy danceing girl with the collered uniform and curly hair? probably. Did I care? Heckno Techno! did I have fun? Heck yes!  I am doing all those moves we did today in Zumba and loveing it.

Stop and smell the flowers. Dance instead of walk. Sing instead of talk. Life is too short to not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment