Sunday, January 30, 2011

What I Believe

Today in church we talked about the new mutual theme for 2011 which is the 13th article of faith. " We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men. Indeed we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul. We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things" There is lots of good stuff in there but one thing that stuck out to me was the phrase "We Believe". It got me to thinking, what do I know? What do I believe? Well I don't know much but I do know some, at least the basics. :) So I decided to share what I know. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church and is the restored gospel. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and saw Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I am sure of it. I know that the Personal Progress is an inspired program and that I would not be who I am today without it. I know that my Bishop and Stake President are called of God and that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet today. I know that I have a loving Heavenly Father that knows who I am. I know that I lived in heaven a long time ago it is true. :) I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of all and that he suffered and died for you and me. I know that he lives! I know it without a shadow of a doubt!  I know that God hears and answers our prayers. I know that my Savior is my big brother and that he loves me as I love my little sisters. I am so thankful for him. I know that paying tithing and fast offerings brings forth blessings and is what God would have us do. I know that the commandments are there to protect and not to restrict us. I know that the plan of Salvation is real and that without Christ it would not be possible. I know that the temple is a blessing and that I can someday go there if I live worthily and that I can be sealed to someone I love for time and all eternity. I know that I can be forgiven for my sins. I am thankful for my parents and the Holy Ghost for teaching and planting truth and what I know and then for the confirmation from the spirit of that truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment