Tuesday, January 14, 2014

College Stuff

This is probably a little dry, I worked an extra hour because my coworker conveniently forgot to tell me I had to do all of this re tagging. Retail probs. Anyway, I am exhausted and really just want to watch Bones.

So on Monday I went to my first college class at MCC- Biology 100. I was nervous, but not terribly so. I walked in early because I am a cool kid like that and than she gave a lecture about science and being in charge of your life and things. Then I left. I didn't talk to a single person and I was kind of ok with it. Today I had my Psychology class. This class was smaller. She did the go around the class and say your name and then get to know the people around you thing and that was nice.

Community College Observations:
Everyone walks by themselves. If you are with someone else, you are holding hands.VS high school where people change their class's to be with friends and if you walk alone, you are a loner.
Everyone still looks like they could be in high school except they are smoking. VS ya they don't let you do that in high school
It pretty much the same size as Red Mountain except there are more buildings and less open space.

I also got to feel how very young and stupid I am. I mean, I am 18 and when you are graduating high school, that feels pretty old. But its not. First of all, hearing about both of my professors credentials and lives was enlightening on how ignorant I am and how little I have done so far with my life. Then the getting-to-know-you part of psych made me feel young. I am in there with all of these 25 year old's that are class's away from graduating and frankly, its intimidating. I still go to high school with 15 year old's. Really annoying ones. Or annoying 18 year old's for that matter. People that have no motivation or credentials and have no idea how stupid and small they really are. Not that we don't have that potential. I am just saying that very few 18 year old's have made a real contribution.  I feel like I have a long way to go and my life is just barely starting.

No comments:

Post a Comment