Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Chipmunk Saga: New Years Eve Edition

First of all, yes. Its 9:45 on New Years Eve and I am sitting in my PJ's with no bra and no make up, getting ready to watch Netflix before going to bed. (and yes. I am 18). But here is the thing. New Years is one of those planned let downs every year. Its a very romantic idea; when the clocks strikes midnight, the kissing of random people, the ball dropping, the whole world counting down the beginning of a new year, a new beginning- its great. But in reality its anti-climatic and exhausting because you have to stay up. Now, non-Mormons: that makes a little more sense because they can get wasted and have a delightful time. I do have a defense laid out mind you- I have 4 different places I could be tonight and very clear reasons why staying in bed at home is the best option. Option 1: The multi-stake dance. Need I say more? I DESPISE stake dances and the New Years one is particularly bad. The biggest reason; boring. Option 2: This one was the most inviting and I almost went- Kami's crepe party. I even drove by her house but I couldn't convince myself that I would know enough people to make it worth it.Option 3: Hasn't even started- Drake's Post Ball-Drop Waffle Party. This one also is inciting but it STARTS at 12:30 and there is no way I am going to wake up to go to the post party. Option 4: Stacie's house. The reason I am not there is because I would just be asleep on her couch and I would rather do that in my own bed. The overarching reasons for me being so anti-social tonight is because I am on drugs that make me sleepy and dizzy and I have been avoiding mirrors for the past 5 days because my face. Also sleeping all day made me break out and that is less than helpful.
Is there something wrong with me? Isn't that supposed to be a thing? Wanting to stay out on New Years? Experience that magic? It's probably just because I am getting older but this year was severely lacking in all things magical. Christmas snuck up on me because thanksgiving was late and because singers made me so busy. Christmas itself was lacking in magic because I knew what everyone was getting/ giving. And New Years has never been overly magical. So that is why I am home, in my bed, preparing to watch Netflix on New Years Eve. Elisabeth would be so ashamed. Thank goodness she is in UT.
Granted is this just a rant about the injustices of stupid traditions to make myself feel better for being anti-social? Probably

No comments:

Post a Comment