Friday, November 29, 2013

Musings on the Mind

Wednesday I watched A Beautiful Mind (Russel Crowe) and last night I watched Inception (Leonardo DiCaprio). Basically I have had my mind blow {squared}. I had seen them both before but they are so good I still get my mind blown.
If you haven't seen them- do. They are the kinds of things where you see life differently afterwards.
A Beautiful Mind: You are in control of your own mind. My favorite line is "like a diet of the mind, I choose not to indulge in certain appetites". I love this. You are in control of your own thoughts and therefore your own destiny and happiness. YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF YOUR MIND. He has to ignore a man who he thinks is his best friend and two other extremely important people to him because eventually he comes to accept that they are not real. I am just in awe of this guy. And his wife is incredibly strong.
Inception: Dreams are frikin cool. The end. But really. Exploration of the mind has got to be one of the coolest things ever. I love what they say about ideas and how powerful they are.

Overall conclusion? Our minds are more powerful than we know. How do we unlock all of that potential?

No comments:

Post a Comment