Monday, August 22, 2011

Red Mountain

So for any of you that I have called to vent or cry to this repeated so there. Red Mountain has been quite the adventure. The 1st three days were not-so-great but I was still ok. Then on Tuesday or Wednesday my choir teacher asked if I wanted to move up to the higher choir (witch I did) and so I went and got my schedule changed. I did not know this but because of this change I switched from 1st Lunch to 2nd Lunch. The only reason I had survived the 1st 4 days had been because I had 1st lunch with all the kids in my ward who go to Red Mountain. But now I had 2nd Lunch and knew no one. The 1st day I just kind of wandered around and then went and sat by this girl sitting alone. The 2nd day I just picked a spot and sat down but then this kid came and sat down and started talking to me about all sorts of stuff. I appreciated the gesture, but no thanks. Then on Friday I sat next to this freshman in my biology class but it was weird and awkward. Friday besides that was actually pretty good and I was able to make conversation with some people. Friday after school I went to Shelby's house and we watched Ever After. I love that movie. " AHHH! there was a bee" and "Cameron is my weakness" haha good times good times. After that I went home and had to babysit and it was then that, I don't know, it sunk in that I had no friends to sit with at lunch and I hadn't seen any of my mountain view friends besides Sydney in super duper long and I felt so lonely and alone. Well I called Sydney S and she said she was over and Sydney Y's house and that I was invited. I was still totally PMSing but I put on my Happy Shirt (Beatles) and my cowboy boots and headed over. I got out of the car and right into Sydney's arms. It was just what I needed. And then Megan gave me a huge hug and told me if I ever needed anything just to give her a call. Again, heaven sent. I was still about to cry though and there were guys there so the girls all went on a walk and I talked to Sydney Y the whole time and it was so nice. I love that girl! I ended up having a ton of fun that night ( minus tons of awkwardness with Derek) and it was just what I needed. I stayed over till 1 watching the Notebook and had so much fun. The next day I did my mountain of Homework and then went over to Sydney S's house and watched The Princess of the Thieves and hung out with Sarah and then we went to Marks house for a little bit. I really super duper want to go to Mountain Veiw! Then I went home and watched Star Trek with dad. On Sunday I sang at a fireside and finally met McKay!! Today was ok and for lunch I just went to the library and did homework witch sounds lame and it is but I got quite a bit done. I know that everything will work out and I am so grateful for Seminary, my ward friends and my insane carpool home!

3 comments:

  1. Though it would obviously be WAY WAY easier at Mountain View, try to remember that there are lots of kids that are probably feeling similar to you. Take your time to figure out who you think is really your type and then be brave and make the first effort, is my advice. Also, getting homework done at lunch isn't a totally awful idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous but so happy about your happy times and happy experiences! :) Love you! Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, honey! Sorry I'm so slow checking on this! I have found in moving to this small town that I'm lousy at making friends, unless it's easy. And here it hasn't been easy. In fact, I thought of you today while listening to a Jason Miraz song-something like "I can count on you like 1-2-3." And it made me kind of sad--and I'll admit, sorry for myself- that I don't have a friend like that really here. Luckily I have a husband, so he pretty much covers that, but all my best girlfriends have moved from Iowa and I really haven't made GOOD friends here. Life is just better with friends, isn't it? But especially in High School! Hang in there, though. You are a delightful wonderful person and I'm sure people will be so glad to be your friend once they discover you. And I agree with Kerri, I'm sure there are others just like you. Until then, put your head up and smile! You'll be okay! And all this name dropping of boys, all just friends? Besides lousy Derek, of course. Don't need to hear about him. Keep me posted. I'll ask your mom if I have to. You know she'll keep me posted!

    XOXO You're wonderful! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete