Saturday, January 1, 2011

My15 year old thoughts now that the ball has dropped

View Image
Happy New Year! Sorry I am a little blog happy lately. It’s still a new and exciting thing :) So. 2011. It’s here. I have always kinda disregarded new years. It was just post Christmas. The digit flipped. So what?  But maybe cuz I am older, maybe cuz I am just feeling exceptionally chemically ....weird at the moment, (I am prone to that lately. Hey I am 15!) , but whatever it is I am looking at this new year differently. The New Year is a gift. You and I now have 8765 hours to do... what? How much of that time do we vedge? sleep? watch TV? cry? wish? wallow in self pity?  I will say that all those things have their place but how often do those things have more of a place in our lives than we would like to admit? As a teenager I find myself there often. I think it’s part of being human. We could be laughing, learning about new things, building relationships, creating things of beauty, developing our talents and most become worthy to enter the kingdom of God. Isn’t that the goal? The big thing? I think that the new year is a gift from God. But with the gift comes a bit of responsibility.. Ok a lot of responsibility J we are accountable for how we use our time. have an amazing year! (ok so I hope you realize that I wrote all that for me. This is a self lecture J)  

1 comment:

  1. I never spend much thought on the New Year myself. (Maybe because I'm so self-absorbed in my birthday) But I appreciate your thoughts. You are right. There is so much we can do that's good; and so much that we do that is really not that great. So here's to filling this year with the Good and Great. And hoping we spend some good time together in 2011 . . .

    ReplyDelete