Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Favorite Movies (Drama)

Here are some of my all time favorite movies. I have to say though, that i enjoy many diffent genres of movies so i should say that these are my favorite movies in this particular genre. ( i recently saw the bourne movies and those are also my favorites to... the yare SO good :) Anyway these are the long ones :)

(Of course) Pride and Prejudice By Jane Austen

Pursuation and Sence and Sencibility  by Jane Austen

Emma by Jane Austen


North and South By Elizabeth Glaskell

Crandford By Elizabeth Glaskell

Wives and Daughters By Elizabeth Glaskell


 Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens ( So good. So so Good)

Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens


So there they are. I highly recommmend any one of these. You will fall in love with these movies. ( you will also be talking in a british accent for the rest of the day :)

One last more. this is not a very long movie but i fell in love with this one and it is in the same time period and style as the other movies.
The Young Victoria


Ones that i have not seen but are on my list are: Bleak House by Charles Dickens, He Knew He Was Right By Charles Dickens and Jane Erye.

3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. Goodness. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that version of Pride and Prejudice...
    *lightbulb*
    We are officially having a Pride and Prejudice marathon when you come here or i come there... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh now I know Elizabeth Glaskell. I got North and South from the library just three weeks ago. Great show. I've also seen Cranford and Wives and Daughters. Cranford was ok but Wives and Daughters was much better. And I've seen Bleak House and LOVED it. Have you seen a good Tale of Two Cities? I really enjoyed that book in college but I don't think I've ever seen a movie of it. I'll have to see Our Mutual Friend. I'll let you know what I think. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen either of those Dicken's movies but love all the others you listed. Have you read all of them? I loved North and South in movie and book form (I own them both) . Have you heard of Lark Rise to Candleford? It is a BBC series that I accidentally started and would highly recomend if you have a ton of time on you hands. I'm glad the Dame love for Brittish Lit and movies hasn't died out!

    ReplyDelete