Monday, March 31, 2014

HIMYM Reaction (yes, there are spoilers)



Its over. Nine seasons later and countless hours and its finally over. I would be lying if I said I was perfectly satisfied because I am not. In the end, its Robin. After all this time. And the perfect mother DOES die. I liked her so much! And you never meet Barneys number 31. And I still think Robin and Barney should have ended up together because they were perfect for each other. I also feel like the middle part was really rushed and didn't establish the Robin-Ted relationship enough. Barney's moment with Ellie is about the sweetest thing in the whole world though. I guess I see how Ted and Robin should be together but I liked the mom so much and I think its sad that she never was really apart of the group and now she definitely isn't. I also really loved Barney and Robin together and it makes me sad and kind of mad that the ENTIRE NINTH SEASON ENDED UP WITH ONLY A THREE YEAR MARRIAGE. I loved Robin but the fact that she wasn't in their lives for the whole episode and then PSYCH she ends up with Ted.
Marshall is hands down my favorite character and Lilly is a solid number two.
I loved this show but I am sad to say that it ended with this like resentfully sad taste in my mouth. I wanted to like the end so much but now when I start at the beginning and watch all 9 seasons again, it will be sad and not like I hoped.

Granted I really liked what this person said

That would have been the "tv ending," though. Think about the best parts of this show. Lily leaving for San Francisco. Ted and Robin's first break-up. Marshall's father's death. Robin finding out she couldn't have children.
The reason those moments hit so hard were because they were real. This show is at its best when it doesn't give you the picture perfect ending. Life is messy, which is what this show has always been trying to say. Ted met the mother, he fell in love with her, and as he said last season, he would do anything for just 45 more days with her.
He didn't get those 45 days, though, and he spent 6 years missing her and devoting his life to his kids. Living in the past, which is exactly what she told him she didn't want him to do. This was him finally letting go and reconnecting with the first love of his life. It doesn't cheapen his relationship with Tracey at all. If anything, he's finally honoring the one wish she had for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment