Sunday, March 16, 2014

I AM, I AM, I AM

Ah but first: A Thought
"We are the generation of nostalgia. We grew up in the age of transition. From hand-written letters to electronic mails. From film to digital.We were fascinated by new things, neglecting the way we spend out afternoons. Cupcakes and tea. Play-Doh and Polly Pockets. Young and naive. Technology completely changed the way we waited and we grew up too fast. The simple things in life seem more meaningful now.We grew up in the age of tradition and have become the generation of nostalgia."

Life is so good. I just finished my first Spring Break of no MCC classes and now am about to have my high school Spring Break. So really I didn't get a break which wouldn't be so bad if everyone wasn't leaving to do supercoolandrediculouslyawesome things. Monday nights are my favorite because I get an email from my cousin Mathew and the newest episode of How I Met Your Mother airs. Having to wait a week for the next episode instead of having it on Netflix is a real pain. White Collar is my newest netflix crush and things are getting pretty serious if you ask me but we haven't technically had a DTR. I am so happy for this week though because I don't have to wake up early and have all sorts of fun things planned.  I made this list of all the things I want to do in AZ before I leave for school. I am not doing all of them this week, but hopefully a couple!

AZ Bucket List
Sedona
Phx Zoo
Phx Art Museum
Desert Botanical Gardens
Hike Camelback
Night hike on Sunset Hill
MIM
Scottsdale Museum for Contemporary Art
Heard Museum

I registered for BYU classes today! I am taking Tennis, Physical Science and Into to Music and I seriously cannot wait. I am hopefully going to be in Helaman Halls and am going lottery for my room mate but for fall I am rooming with Kate and I can't wait!

I read Hamlet and the Bell Jar and am currently reading a book about, and with artwork by Degas and its fascinating. I am also reading all of the family history stories we have in books and things and its so great. This is family history I can connect with. I am really digging The Shins right now and they are what I listen to on the way to school in the morning when I am watching the sun rise and I am not gonna lie, its pretty cool. While driving around town though I tend to listen to NPR because the news really is really cool. Really.

Two of my good friend, Justin and Jonah, are getting their mission calls this week and its kinda stressing me out because its just weird. A year ago Justin wasn't active and Jonah was just so immature and its been so cool to see them come this far. And so weird. I am growing up and its freaking me out.

"I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. I am, I am, I am"
Sylvia Plath- The Bell Jar

No comments:

Post a Comment