Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Safe Haven


Bleck. Not my favorite. LOVED the eye candy. But it was weak. The ending were Jo was the mom all along- kinda weird. Yet it technically was a plot twist sooo....kudos? It was a Nicholas Sparks chick flick, I suppose I just had too high of expectations. The domestic violence and the ex husband was terrifying. I didn't like her character until she stood up to him. Plus Jo is Robin so that was weird. When she reads the letter I kept being like 'Um but Robin doesn't like kids so....' But again- the eye candy was totally worth it. And the town was adorable. I want to have a relaxing vacation there for sure.
I do think though that this movie address's the fact that everyone want to be safe but especially woman. I think that safety is one of those things that is taken for granted in my life because I am pretty safe but I have never felt safer than when I am in a mans embrace (and I don't mean that in a creepy way, its just true) I think that I physical and emotional safety are especially important in a relationship and that is why things hurt so much when they are over- you feel exposed and not safe.Like your trust was betrayed by the very person that was supposed to protect you. Not that I have ever been in a committed relationship. I just think that is why there is so much emotional damage to the girl when people break up. Or maybe just part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment