Sunday, December 29, 2013

Forrest Gump

I went to sacrament meeting but my drugs made me sleep for most of it. But then I came home and watched

Well Forrest Gump made me cry BUT I AM A TEENAGE GIRL PERPETUALLY EMOTIONALLY UNSTABLE AND I AM TAKING A LOT OF PAIN MEDICATION RIGHT NOW so i have some pretty legitimate excuses. It was a really good slow movie. Tom Hanks is an incredible actor. Jenny was the Princess Bride and that threw me off and one of her boyfriends is named Wesley?? I laughed out loud. I liked the part about Dan's philosophy vs. Mrs. Gump's. I didn't like that Jenny was a tramp but she turned out ok in the end and has an adorable little boy. I kept thinking how out of all the guys she had sex with, she got super lucky that her son was Forrests. All of the little allusions were great too (Apple, Bubba Gump Shrimp, Watergate, Elvis)
There were some pretty good one-liners in this as well (I am a fan if you can't tell.)
"My mamma always said 'Life was like a box of chocolates.You never know what you are going to get'"
"You have to do your best with what God gave you"
"Stupid is as stupid does"
"I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floating around accidental-like on a breeze, but I think maybe it's both. Maybe both happening at the same time"
"Mamma always said you could tell an awful lot about a person from their shoes"
"I am not a smart man. But I know what love is"

No comments:

Post a Comment